You want to work with people...
You want to make a difference in someone's life...
You want to share your knowledge and talents...
We want to meet you!
Please fill out our online Inquiry Form..
We consider applicants for direct hire positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Part Time Job Coach
Job Coaches Needed
This is a part time position, approximately 15-20 hours a week, which provides direct care and support services to individuals with intellectual disabilities who are competitively employed within a community setting. Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Director of Employment Services. The Job Coach will independently follow goals as outlined in the Individual Service Plan (ISP) or Service Definitions on the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation Purchase Order. Must have an approved Supported Employment certification (such as ACRE) within 6 months of hire. Starting wage is $11.00 an hour. This job may require varied hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Candidates must be 18 years of age, be a high school graduate or possess a GED, have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle and be able to pass all mandated state and federal clearances. Contact Megan Harvey, Director of Employment Services at (724) 438-9042 with any questions.
Therapeutic Activity Aide - Direct Hire
STATUS: Part Time 20-25 hours/week
This is a non-professional position assisting a Program Supervisor in adapting a program to fit the educational and social needs and abilities of individuals being served by The Arc of Fayette County in their Adult Training Facility. This position may also be responsible for providing individualized support to one specific consumer based on their required level of supervision being 1:1 support.
1) High School Diploma or equivalent
2) Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and clean driving record
3) Child Abuse and Criminal (Pennsylvania) clearances (FBI required if lived outside of Pennsylvania anytime over the last 2 years)
4) Physical and TB test required upon hire and every 2 years thereafter
5) Must be able to lift (50) fifty lbs
6) Must possess the ability to maintain an interest in the positive improvement and development of individuals with varying degrees of disabilities
Residential Advisor-Direct Hire
STATUS: Full Time
This is a non-professional position that provides direct personal supports to individuals with developmental disabilities in a residential setting. Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Residential Supervisor. This position is responsible for complying with the Chapter 6400 Regulations and the PA Department of Human Services Standards. The Residential Supports Advisor ensures the health, safety, and welfare of the individuals supported. This work is reviewed through observation, conference, and written evaluation. This person will provide training and assistance to individuals in various skill areas associated with residential living such as cooking, cleaning, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, bathing, laundry, personal hygiene including toileting and bathing, vocational/educational pursuits, mobility, etc. This job may require varied hours, including weekends, overnights, and holidays.
1) Previous experience working with individuals with disabilities in a residential setting preferred.
2) Must be 18 years of age or over.
3) Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
4) Must meet Act 33 and 34 requirements and possibly FBI clearances (if the individual being supporting is under the age of 18 or if you were not a resident of Pennsylvania within the last 2 years).
5) Must possess the ability to maintain an interest in the positive improvement and development of individuals with disabilities.
6) Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
7) Must possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and be insurable.
8) Must have reliable transportation.
9) Must have the physical capabilities to lift fifty (50) pounds.
10) Must be able to work independently as this position is performed in a residential setting separate from administration.
11) A current physical and TB test is required upon hire and every 2 years thereafter
We have Contracted Opportunities Available
FAMILY SUPPORT PERSONS - CONTRACTED
Contracted Family Support Persons provide direct care and support services to individuals with developmental disabilities, in a community setting. A family Support Person performs under the direct supervision of the individual and/or family member and provides independent services that follow the goals of the Individual Support Plan (ISP). The individual and/or family member hires and discharges Family Support Persons as well as sets the schedule for services needed, which may involve varied hours, including weekends and holidays.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AS PER STATE AND FEDERAL REGULATIONS:
1) Must be 18 years of age or over
2) Must possess all Pennsylvania required Clearances including FBI, if individual is under the age of 18
3) Must possess a valid Pennsylvania drivers license with proof of valid insurance
4) Must have a current physical and TB test
The Arc of Fayette County is searching for people interested in becoming Lifesharing Providers. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your home and family with an individual with an intellectual disability. The Individual’s participation in appropriate social, recreational, educational, and vocational activities with the Lifesharing Provider or arranged by the Lifesharing Provider is an important component of the Life Sharing Supports
The Lifesharing Provider will involve the Individual in all routine activities of the family, including, holiday celebrations, birthdays, day outings, and vacations. The Individual will also participate in routine household chores and duties.
Qualified families are selected and provided training based on the individual’s needs. For more information, please contact Monica Gardner at (724) 438-9042, extension 201.
Occupational Therapist- Early Intervention
PA Licensed Occupational Therapists to provide Early Intervention services for infants and toddlers and their families in Fayette County. Services are delivered in the child’s natural environment. The therapist works as a member of the child’s multidisciplinary team by collaborating with families/caregivers, supports coordinator, and other professionals to develop and implement the Individual Family Service Plan.
* Per Diem Competitive Contracted Hourly Compensation
* Flexible scheduling
*Experience in pediatrics preferred
*Pennsylvania State Licensure
*Current State Criminal, Child Abuse, and FBI Clearances.
Full-time direct hire employees enjoy the following:
-100% company paid vision
-100% company paid life insurance
-100% company paid LTD
-Paid holidays and other paid time off benefits dependent upon position
-403(b) plan eligible with company match
Part-time direct hire employees enjoy the following:
-Paid time off is accrued based on the hours worked
-403(b) plan eligible with company match